IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
-PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFOREINSTALLATION
⚠️WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE ELECTRIC SHOCK OR PERSONAL INJURYOBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1) Installation and electrical wiring must be done by qualified professionals and in accordance with allapplicable codes and standards, including fire-rated construction.
2) When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, be careful not to damage electrical wiring or other hidderutilities
3) Ducted fans must be vented to the outside。
a) Before servicing or cleaning unit, open the light panel and SWITCH POWER OFF AT SERVICEPANEL
b) Clean all grease-laden surfaces frequently. To reduce the risk of fire and to disperse properlymake sure to vent air outside. DO NOT vent exhaust air into wall spaces, attics, crawl spacesor garages.
- This warranty is invalid without an authorized agent's receipt or if unit is damaged due to misuse, poor installation, improper use, mistreatment.negligence or any other circumstances beyond the control of IKTCHRANGE HOODS authorized agents. Any repair carried out without thesupervision of IKTCH RANGE HOODS authorized agents wilautomatically void the warranty
- IKTCH RANGE HOODS will not be held responsible for any damages topersonal property or real estate or any bodily injuries whether causeddirectlv or indirectlv bv the range hood
⚠️WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY IN THE EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
1. Keep all fan. baffle/spacer/filter/oil tunnel/oil container and arease-laden surfaces clean. Greaseshould not be allowed to accumulate on fan, baffle/spacer/filter/oil tunnel/oil container.
2. Alwavs turn hood ON when cookinge
3. Use high settings on cooking range ONLY when necessary.
4. Do not leave cooking range unattended when cooking.
5.Always use cookware and utensils appropriate for the type and amount of food prepared.
6. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
7. Before servicing, switch power off at service panel and lock service panel (if possible) to preventpower from switching on accidentally.
8. Clean ventilating fan frequently.
What to Do In The Event Of a Range Top Grease Fire
❎SMOTHER FLAMES with a tight fiting lid, cookie sheet, or metal tray, and then turn off the burner.KEEP FLAMMABLE OR COMBUSTIBLE MAERIAL AWAY FROM FLAMES. If the flames do not go out immediately, EVACUATE THE AREA AND CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT or 911.
❎NEVER PICK UP A BURNING PAN -You May Get Burned.
❎DO NOT USE WATERincludin wet dishcloths or towels - a violent steam blast will result.
❎Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
a) You have a Class A, B, C extinguisher and know how to operate it.
b) The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
c) The fire department has been called.
d) You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
What to DOIf You Smell Gas
❎Extinguish any open flame.
❎Do not try to turn on the lights or any type of appliance.
❎Open all doors and windows to disperse the gas. If you still smell gas, call the Gas Company and Fire Department right away.
1. For general ventilation use only. Do not use to exhaust hazardous or explosive materials and vapors.
2. To reduce the risk of fire, use only metal ductwork. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustior and exhausting of gases through the flue (chimney) to prevent back drafting.
3. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer's guideline and safety standards such as those publishedby the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating.Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and code authorities.
4. Turning any switch on may cause ignition or an explosion.
5. Due to the size and weight of this hood, two people installation is recommended
ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD - Can result in serious injury or death. Disconnect appliance from electric power before servicing.If equipped, the fluorescent light bulb contains small amounts of mercury, which must be recycled or disposed of according to Local,State, and Federal Codes.