STOP and read! Test before installing
STOP and read! Test before installing
1.Please unpack the range hood and accessories carefully.
2.Remove the baffle filters, check any dent or damage inside and outside.
3.If found any loosing parts, please remove them.
4.Place the range hood on a flat stable surface, plug in 120V AC power source. Press the power button and the speed buttons to turn on.
5.Check if any unusual metal touching noise, check the speed variation,and press the Light button to check the lights.
6.Follow the steps below to check all functions.
Control Panel Layout and Buttons Configurations:
6.1 From left to right side: Lighting Key (K1), Timer Key (K2), LED Display, SpeedKey(K3),Power Key(K4)
When the power supply connected, all indicate lighting is On and then Off in 1second. To press K4 to open the hood.
6.2 When the hood is On, to press K3 to open Fan Speed 1 , to press again toopen Fan Speed 2", as so forth, to open Fan Speed 3" and 4" by K3. The FanSpeedis changed as 1-2-3-4-0-1-2-3-4.
6.3 lf there was any fan speed working, to press K2 to open Timer Mode, thedefault is 3 minutes and do count-down step. Or to press K2 or K3 to set thetimer as wanted, the maximum timer is 15 minutes.
6.4 To press K1 to open or close the lamp. The luminance of lighting can beadjusted from 0% to 100% as wanted by touching K1.
6.5 Gesture Control: to move your hand from left side to right side to open 1* FanSpeed.And again to open 2 Fan Speed, and 3", and 4".On the contrary, to move your hand from right side to left to reduce the speed level.
Please Note: when using gesture control function, please make sure to move yourhand from 2 signal ports completely.
This hood switch control can be operated by remote controller if wanted.
7.Refer to the TROUBLESHOOTING section if a fault has been found.
8.The plastic protective film was removed for sanding polish finishing.
Important safety instructions
-PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFOREINSTALLATION
⚠️WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE ELECTRIC SHOCK OR PERSONAL INJURYOBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1) Installation and electrical wiring must be done by qualified professionals and in accordance with allapplicable codes and standards, including fire-rated construction.
2) When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, be careful not to damage electrical wiring or other hidderutilities
3) Ducted fans must be vented to the outside。
a) Before servicing or cleaning unit, open the light panel and SWITCH POWER OFF AT SERVICEPANEL
b) Clean all grease-laden surfaces frequently. To reduce the risk of fire and to disperse properlymake sure to vent air outside. DO NOT vent exhaust air into wall spaces, attics, crawl spacesor garages.
- This warranty is invalid without an authorized agent's receipt or if unit is damaged due to misuse, poor installation, improper use, mistreatment.negligence or any other circumstances beyond the control of IKTCHRANGE HOODS authorized agents. Any repair carried out without thesupervision of IKTCH RANGE HOODS authorized agents wilautomatically void the warranty
- IKTCH RANGE HOODS will not be held responsible for any damages topersonal property or real estate or any bodily injuries whether causeddirectlv or indirectlv bv the range hood
⚠️WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY IN THE EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
1. Keep all fan. baffle/spacer/filter/oil tunnel/oil container and arease-laden surfaces clean. Greaseshould not be allowed to accumulate on fan, baffle/spacer/filter/oil tunnel/oil container.
2. Alwavs turn hood ON when cookinge
3. Use high settings on cooking range ONLY when necessary.
4. Do not leave cooking range unattended when cooking.
5.Always use cookware and utensils appropriate for the type and amount of food prepared.
6. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
7. Before servicing, switch power off at service panel and lock service panel (if possible) to preventpower from switching on accidentally.
8. Clean ventilating fan frequently.
What to Do In The Event Of a Range Top Grease Fire
❎SMOTHER FLAMES with a tight fiting lid, cookie sheet, or metal tray, and then turn off the burner.KEEP FLAMMABLE OR COMBUSTIBLE MAERIAL AWAY FROM FLAMES. If the flames do not go out immediately, EVACUATE THE AREA AND CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT or 911.
❎NEVER PICK UP A BURNING PAN -You May Get Burned.
❎DO NOT USE WATERincludin wet dishcloths or towels - a violent steam blast will result.
❎Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
a) You have a Class A, B, C extinguisher and know how to operate it.
b) The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
c) The fire department has been called.
d) You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
What to DOIf You Smell Gas
❎Extinguish any open flame.
❎Do not try to turn on the lights or any type of appliance.
❎Open all doors and windows to disperse the gas. If you still smell gas, call the Gas Company and Fire Department right away.
1. For general ventilation use only. Do not use to exhaust hazardous or explosive materials and vapors.
2. To reduce the risk of fire, use only metal ductwork. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustior and exhausting of gases through the flue (chimney) to prevent back drafting.
3. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer's guideline and safety standards such as those publishedby the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating.Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and code authorities.
4. Turning any switch on may cause ignition or an explosion.
5. Due to the size and weight of this hood, two people installation is recommended
ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD - Can result in serious injury or death. Disconnect appliance from electric power before servicing.If equipped, the fluorescent light bulb contains small amounts of mercury, which must be recycled or disposed of according to Local,State, and Federal Codes.
Start the installation
IKB02 SERIES INSTALLATION
1.The custom hood frame must be designed according to the shape and the weight of the insert.Refer to Measurements and Diagrams
2.A sturdy base (3/4 inch thick plywood recommended) is needed to sustain the weight ofinsert.
3.Please install the insert hood left & right stud support (not included)
4.Determine and mark the centerlines on the base of the wood frame where the insert will be installed.
5.Determine the proper location for the Power Supply Cable. Make a wiring access hole using a drill bit. Install the wire cable and seal the gap around hole.
6.Cut out the opening where the insert will be installed.(Figure 1)
NOTE: USE HAND TOOLS ONLY DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN SCREWS. IT MIGHT CAUSED DAMAGED TO THE HOOD
1.Remove 5 screws located at the bottom of the insert (Refer to Figure 2 and figture 3).
2. Disconnect the 2pcs LED lights wire and switch wire, then carefully remove the light support panel from hood body refer to figture 4
3. Position the insert inside the custom wood frame, refer to figture 5, Secure the insert to the left and right stud support ( Refer to Figure 5) by using the left and right mounting holes (Screws included, 2 holes each side ).
4. Make sure insert is secure before releasing
5. Re-install the light support panel. (Do not over tighten screws.) Refer to figture 6
1. lnstall the oil tunnel into recess support near rear of hood, and assemble the handle to stainless steel baffle filters Refer to Figure 7.
2.Install baffle filters. Angle baffle filter toward back of hood 1 . Push baffle filter up until almostlevel 2. Slide forward into recess behind the front of hood 3. Lower baffle filter 4. Slide back until it fits into resting position 5. Refer to Figure 7
1️⃣Angle baffle filter toward back of hood
2️⃣Push baffle filter up until almost level.
3️⃣Slide forward into recess behind the front of hood
4️⃣Lower baffle filter.
5️⃣Slide back untilit fits into resting positions.