Cleaning and maintenance
For optimal performance, clean the range hood surface and baffles regularly.
- The saturation of greasy residue in the blower and filters may cause increased inflammability. Keep unit clean and free of grease and residue build-up at all times to prevent possible fires.
- For optimal operation, clean range hood and all baffle/spacer/filter/grease tunnel/oil container regularly. Regular care will help preserve the appearance of the range hood.
- Filters must be cleaned periodically and free from accumulation of cooking residue. Old and worn filters must be replaced immediately.
- DO NOT operate blowers when filters are removed. Never disassemble parts to clean without proper instructions. Disassembly is recommended to be performed by qualified personnel only. Read and understand all instructions and warnings in this manual before proceeding.
SAFETY WARNING: Never put your hand into area housing the fan while the fan is operating!
Cleaning Exterior Stainless Steel Surfaces:
- Clean periodically with hot soapy water and clean cotton cloth. DO NOT use corrosive or abrasive detergent, or steel wool/scoring pads, which will scratch and damage the stainless steel surface. For heavier soil use liquid degrease cleaner.
- If hood looks splotchy, use a stainless steel cleaner to clean the surface of the hood. Avoid getting cleaning solution onto or into the control panel. Follow directions of the stainless steel cleaner.
- CAUTION: DO NOT leave on too long as this may cause damage to hood finish. Use soft towel to wipe off the cleaning solution, gently rub off any stubborn spots. Use dry soft towel to dry the hood.
- After cleaning, you may use nonabrasive stainless steel polish, to polish and buff out the stainless luster and grain. Always scrub lightly, with clean cotton cloth, and with the grain.
- DO NOT allow deposits to accumulate or remain on the hood.
- DO NOT use ordinary steel wool or steel brushes. Small bits of steel may adhere to the surface and cause rusting.
- DO NOT allow salt solutions, disinfectants, bleaches, or cleaning compounds to remain in contact with stainless steel fbr extended periods. Many of these compounds contain chemicals, which may be harmful. Rinse with water after exposure and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
Cleaning Stainless Steel Baffle Filters:
- Remove all baffles, spacers, filters, grease tunnel, and oil containers and discard oil and residue.
- IMPORTANT: Drain oil from baffles, spacers, filters, oil tunnels, oil containers before oil and residue overflow!
- Wash with warm soapy water. NOTE: Stainless steel baffles, spacers and oil tunnel are top rack dishwasher safe.
- Dry thoroughly before replacing and follow directions fbr installation in reverse.
- Filters should be cleaned after every 30 hours of use.
- Should filters wear out due to age and prolonged use, replace the baffle filters immediately.
Replacing the Light Bulbs:
- This range hood uses LED bulbs: 3W 12V.
- Make sure the range hood is unplugged or turn OFF breaker.
- Gently pull the defective bulb assembly straight out from the edge, and then disconnect the wires.
- Connect the new LED bulb's wires and snap the new LED assembly into the housing hole.
- Turn ON breaker/power and to test the range hood for operation.